Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Why I Am An Upper Cervical Care Advocate


By John A. Sanders

Ask anybody who knows me, and they’ll tell you I’m always anxious to share the good things I’ve discovered, whether it’s a great new movie, or restaurant, or a product. When my wife and I came up with a terrific way to cook ribs, and people asked for the recipe, we didn’t tell them it was a secret. We gladly shared it with them. And now, people are enjoying Sanders’ Sassy Ribs all over the country.

So, when our amazing Upper Cervical Doctor successfully treated my wife and me for our long-standing pain conditions, I naturally told my family and friends who might be helped. And, they are being helped. But, that just didn’t seem to be enough. About 8 years ago, after leading an active, busy and successful life, I was thrown into prison… a prison of pain. I’ll spare you the details, but suffice it to say that my strange headache condition, and the back and neck pain I experienced, took away my freedom to live as I had before. And, eventually, I was told that this was a life sentence, and that the conditions of my “imprisonment” would worsen over time.

Despite the care and concern of the people who love me, most of my time has been spent in solitary confinement… just me, and my pain, in a constant, never-ending, battle for sanity. Like Steve McQueen and his baseball in “The Great Escape”, I sought to distract myself from my incarceration. In the past, I’d use my guitar and my music to take me away from troubles. But, my pain would not allow me to play. It was like my guitar was sitting just outside my prison cell, and I couldn’t do anything but lament what I once had… what I once was.

I used to travel extensively, all over the world. Obviously, being in jail severely curtails your frequent flier miles. Being a prisoner of pain is no different. I won’t go into the mental and physical torture I went through, because a lot of it was inflicted on me by a well meaning, but increasingly impersonal healthcare and insurance system that doesn’t seem to understand its priorities, and what’s best for us.

The worst part was when my wife was thrown into the cell next to me. Her lower back problems got so bad, she couldn’t stand for more than 5 minutes at a time. And, a drastic back surgery was the torture they had in store for her.

So, when my Upper Cervical doctor released my wife and me from our pain, I couldn’t just run to freedom without taking my fellow “inmates” with me. Of course, not everyone will be able to go. Fear, and the comfort of “an evil that they know” will make it difficult for some to follow when the door swings open. But, you do your best, you keep going, knowing there are many who are ready for a solution.

One thing I’ve discovered: this “prison” is a lot bigger than I thought, and it’s filled with millions of people whose lives have been cut short. So, as I show people how they can escape from their suffering, I’ll be asking them to help spread the word, so everyone can be freed. For me, it came down to this: Once I knew the way out, how could I possibly leave anyone behind? And, how could I let anyone get trapped in that prison again?

That’s why I’m an Upper Cervical Advocate.
What about you?
Related Posts with Thumbnails