Monday, January 27, 2014

Mike's Story of Chronic Pain

Chronic pain, upper cervical care, recovery, health, NUCCA
This original story appeared in the Fall 2013 NUCCA News, the quarterly newsletter of the the National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association. It was part of one of three very different stories about healing through upper cervical care. This true-life story comes from Dr. Cecilia Yu in Dallas, Texas, and was written by Dr. Zachary Ward.

Mike Tyler’s 16 Years of Chronic Pain

Without any true answer on why his body hurt so much , Mike Tyler had learned to make chronic, debilitating pain a lifestyle. He even continued playing golf. Though he was skeptical about NUCCA, Mike was game to try anything to get his pain down and his swing back. Would his visit to Dr. Cecilia Yu deliver the miracle he desired?

"When a friend told me about Dr. Yu and NUCCA, I was, of course, very skeptical. I thought I had tried everything and researched everything and had not heard of NUCCA. I thought there was no way NUCCA could help me."

So writes Mike Tyler in an article he wrote about his experience with Dr. Cecilia Yu, a NUCCA chiropractor in Dallas. Mike went through such an incredible transformation with his care, that he put the experience into words, which he shared with the NUCCA News.

Before finding help through NUCCA, Mike had lived with chronic pain for 16 years. "I was diagnosed with a lot of things. I had everything…every x-ray," said Mike. "There was nothing I did not try: chiropractors, massages, stretching, tens units, hanging upside down, acupuncture, ice, heat, medication and supplements. Some of these items would provide temporary relief but would never last any length of time. I went through every possible scenario to stop the pain and be able to play golf."

Back to playing golf without pain 


Mike is a lover of golf. "I have played competitive golf all of my life in the Dallas area," he told the NUCCA News. But Mike’s pain was so unbearable that he had to use a golf club to lift himself off the green anytime he bent over. "I couldn’t bend over to tee up a golf ball." And that was on his good days.

What were his bad days like? He wrote this: "My pain was quite severe. It was painful to sit, stand, walk, or even get in and out of a car. When you live in constant pain, you need to have a plan before each movement. My pain was from my head to my toes with hourly back spasms, cramps and daily headaches. Pain became the norm for me to the point where I could not even remember ever not being without pain. A good day was when I had steady consistent pain where I would know my limitations on those days. Bad days were when the level of pain would fluctuate along with migraines and muscle cramps."

"I went to Dr. Yu’s office with significant doubts," he told the NUCCA News. "She went through her process, and figured out how badly I was misaligned. She put my head in a cradle, and very gently touched my neck."

And then, like many NUCCA chiropractic patients, there was no immediate change. In fact, things seemed to get worse for a time.

"I went through several days of increased pain. Even an old broken finger hurt. It was that bad."

Then several nights after his first correction, Mike slept through the night for the first time in years and awoke to find that his pain had significantly diminished. It would quickly fade away and never return.

"Three days after the initial adjustment and I could bend over and touch my shoes. Because I was so flexible, had no pain, and was experiencing so much energy, I started painting my house…NUCCA truly works without any harmful drugs or procedures."

(Editor's note: Remember the objective of upper cervical care is to correct head neck misalignment that is interfering with proper brain to body communication. When this is corrected the body functions at a higher level and can often correct other problems more efficiently on its own. Please do not confuse upper cervical care as a treatment for any condition, disease or symptom.)
Related Posts with Thumbnails