Thursday, August 16, 2012

Trigeminal Neuralgia, The Patient and Upper Cervical Care




Trigeminal Neuralgia is a very painful condition, often called the “suicide disease”. This chronic condition affects the fifth cranial (trigeminal) nerve, causing sharp, painful, and shooting pain in the face. We have had great success helping patients find relief from this condition in the past, and last fall Thomas T. entered our office in great pain. This is his story.

    "I was diagnosed with having Trigeminal Neuralgia, which is painful condition that causes a false signal to the right side of my face. The smallest things, such as washing my face, brushing my teeth, eating, talking and even walking, would cause a “taser-like” shock to happen. A neurologist prescribed anti-seizure medicine and I was told to do a follow-up appointment in 6 months. I began doing a lot of research, and after awhile I read that Upper Cervical care could help alleviate my terrible pain.

    Although I am still taking the anti-seizure medicine, I haven’t had one Trigeminal Neuralgia attack since I’ve been seeing Dr. Besso. I’m sure all that pressure and misalignment was causing the frightening and awful scary facial pain.

    As a side note, I’ve had bad back, neck, and joint aches for the last 20 years. After my first NUCCA adjustment at the Besso Clinic, my back pain was greatly reduced. It didn’t happen overnight but after a few months of treatment my neck, back, and joints hardly ever ache. I just thought all these pains were part of aging, I had no idea I could feel this good again.

    My hopes are that I can discontinue using that medicine, and plan on writing a follow up when that happens, so this is to be continued….."

-T.T. Cleveland, Ohio

(Editor's note: Remember the objective of upper cervical care is to correct head neck misalignment that is interfering with proper brain to body communication. When this is corrected the body functions at a higher level and can often correct other problems more efficiently on its own. Please do not confuse upper cervical care as a treatment for any condition, disease or symptom.)
Related Posts with Thumbnails